Let a professional contractor do your home improvement
If you see an area of your home exterior that needs fixing, you might think of getting right to work and fixing it by yourself. And if you’re familiar with handyman work and have the right tools and knowledge for the job, you can save yourself a lot of money by putting those skills to work. However, if you have no idea what you’re doing and your toolbox consists of a hammer, a wrench, and a half-filled ratchet set, it might be better to use the skills of a professional instead.
Although it might seem like more cost-effective to attempt a repair yourself, a botched repair can actually end up costing you much more money in the long run. Don’t take that risk, and call All Around Maintenance INC for your gutter cleaning in Gresham to help with your roofing, gutters, and decks.
Our roofers aren’t afraid to go up there!
Having a fear of heights is a common ailment. Even people that don’t have crippling acrophobia often tense up when confronting heights as it’s not a common place for most humans to reside. But it is for our professional roofers, who are more than happy to take on that challenge for you! We offer roof cleaning and repairs and can even help you get to local HOA standards.
Your roof might not seem like the kind of thing that needs to be cleaned up often. After all, you’re much more likely to hear about a cluttered home interior than if you have a few dirty spots or toys up on the roof! But even if guests aren’t likely to comment on the cleanliness of your roof, it’s important to keep it clean so that it can stay functional.
- Dirty roofs are more likely to attract animals, especially bugs and small rodents. If they find an environment where they’re comfortable, they may stick around and build their home there; or worse, decide to invade yours.
- A few dirt patches are nothing to worry about, but once you start moss growths, it’s a time for concern. Besides changing your carefully-chosen color composition, moss absorbs water and can cause roof damage, especially during constant freezes and thaws.
- If a roof is dirty enough, it can restrict sunlight reflection because moss and dirt aren’t carefully crafted to reflect sun rays like roof materials are. This can be especially problematic in the summer because it can cause your attic to heat up, increasing cooling costs.
Unlike roof cleaning, you often know quickly if your roof needs to be repaired. However, be aware that there are some problems that are hard to see without an up-close inspection by a knowledgeable expert–and these can be just as worrying as the obvious issues.
- Missing shingles or parts of your roof can cause water to get into your home which can cause numerous concerns such as mold accumulation and water damage.
- Improperly installed flashing can have a similar effect to missing shingles, but is harder to detect and often needs a trained eye to spot.
- Nearby trees aren’t only a concern when they fall down. Overhanging branches can rub against your roof and wear away at the surface.
- Pooling water can appear if something caused your roof slant to be altered and is a prime breeding ground for algae, moss, and bugs.
- Call us with any other roofing problems! Our team can handle anything that your Gresham roof can throw at you!
Don’t forget about your gutters!
Gutters might seem inconsequential compared to all of the work your roof has to do, but roofs have gutters attached for a reason. Your gutters are supposed to take any water and runoff from your roof, then direct it to a downspout where it can be safely drained away from your home. And because water can cause substantial damage to your roof and the rest of your home, it’s not something you want to neglect.
Along with gutter cleaning, the crew at All Around Maintenance can pinpoint and solve any trouble spots too. If you have a crack in your gutter, bends, poor slope, or simply have too many leaves creating a clog, call us to take care of it for you.
Time for a deck improvement?
Decks are used more often in the warm summer months than any other time. But that doesn’t mean that you can afford to ignore them for the rest of the year. A good deck should be resistant to water and hold up against the bombardment of winds and rains of the Gresham region. Most decks are made from wood, and wood that hasn’t had the proper treatment applied can absorb water and swell, causing the deck to malform over time. For these or any other deck needs, we’re here to help you now and prevent any future issues. We offer deck cleaning and maintenance as one of our primary services.
At the eastern outskirts of Portland is a smaller but not insignificant city called Gresham. With over 100,000 people, Gresham is the fourth largest city in Portland and has been incorporated for over 110 years. And residents of Gresham know that there’s plenty to do in and around the town. Art and music are highlights of the area, which is why multiple festivals happen in the region every year and always generate a strong buzz.
One thing that sets Gresham apart from any other city in Oregon is that it’s home to the Mt. Hood Jazz Festival. For over 30 years, top jazz musicians from all over have come to the city to show off their talent and skills and play among the best of the best. But Jazz isn’t the only music you can hear in Gresham. The city also hosts the Gresham Arts Festival every year. In Historic Downtown Gresham, artists, musicians, and performers take the stage to display their talent to the world. While watching a unique act, don’t forget to stop by the local vendors who frequent the event for artisan food, local craftsman, and one-of-a-kind souvenirs to take home after spending the day enjoying the festival.