Remove Moss From Your Roof to Prevent Damage and Extend Its Life
Here in the Pacific Northwest, things get wet, dark, and rainy (we don’t have to tell you that). While generally homes and roofs are built to withstand this type of weather, issues can arise if roofs are not maintained adequately. In fact, even roofs that are as tough as nails can develop catastrophic issues.
The most pressing of these issues here in the Portland area are mossy roofs. Moss develops on even the most well-constructed roofs. And once it’s there, moss can become a menace that soaks up water, weighing down your roof, and causing a leak (or much worse).
At All Around Maintenance, we’re mossy roof repair expects. We’ll remove moss from your roof and guarantee that moss won’t grow back.
What Causes a Mossy Roof?
Moss develops in places that are both wet and cold. This makes homes in the Pacific Northwest more likely to experience mossy roofs. This is particularly true of homes with roofs that are northward facing.
While moss in and of itself is not dangerous, it sucks up and holds moisture at a remarkable rate. This creates a dangerous situation for your roof, which is designed to have rain hit your roof and flow off. Once the rain is absorbed by moss, it weighs it down your roof and constantly trickles out moisture, which causes leaks to develop.
Dangers of Having a Mossy Roof
- Causes critical structural damage, harming the integrity of your roof
- Allows water to leak into your home at a constant trickle
- Encourages bacteria and mold growth to run rampant
- Creates holes and thin spots on your roof
- Creates a higher probability of pest infestations
What to Do if Your Home Has a Mossy Roof
- If you notice moss developing on your roof, call us ASAP. While you might not notice a leak this second, one will eventually develop.
- If you do notice water leaking in your home, clear the area of any furniture, electronics, clothing, or anything else and trap the water with a container. Then, call us ASAP.
- When you contact All Around Maintenance, we’ll have you describe your situation closely, provide some immediate steps that can help stymie the flow of water, and come out to your home ASAP to clean your mossy roof or fix any leaks or damage.
Contact us today.
Our Moss Removal Process
Our moss removal method is proven and effective. Our experienced Portland moss removal specialists will:
- Remove moss and other debris by hand
- Thoroughly scrub away any remaining moss and vegetation
- Clean and unclog downspouts and gutters
- Apply industrial-grade moss removal agents
The entire process is eco-friendly and safe for both humans and pets.
Most importantly, we guarantee moss will not grow back. If you see signs of moss growth within 6 months of treatments, let us know. We’ll come back out and retreat your roof, completely free of charge.
We want you to be 100% satisfied with the quality of our work and the state of your roof.
Complete Mossy Roof Repair Services
We offer a full range of mossy roof services. Whether you’re looking to get ahead of the situation or fix an active leak, you can trust our team can help you solve your situation.
Our mossy roof services:
- Moss Removal
- Leaky Roof Repair & Inspections
- Leaky Roof Repair
- Roof Cleaning
- Roof Replacement
“Alex and his team are prompt, polite, and efficient. I have always been pleased with their work and would highly recommend them!”
– C. L.
About All Around Maintenance
Our mossy roof repair company is known for our outstanding service throughout the Portland & Vancouver metro areas. We’re known for helping homeowners and businesses secure their homes with effective and reliable roof maintenance services.
We’re proud of the team that we’ve built and are committed to hiring the best people and empowering them to do their best work. When it comes to our Portland moss removal services, we hold ourselves to the highest standards.
Your satisfaction with our deck maintenance services is our #1 priority. If you don’t love our work, let us know and we’ll do what it takes to make it right.
We’ve won awards from Angie’s List for 6 years running and have been featured in The Columbian!
How Can We Help?
Let’s talk roofs! As Portland’s most trusted mossy roof repair company, we help no matter the issue you’re facing and the size of your home or commercial space. Let’s talk!